All about Vinyl Windows
When it is time to replace your old windows you as most homeowners will be looking for windows that are not only attractive, but also energy efficient. As we mentioned many times before energy efficient windows are a must have in Canadian weather. Vinyl Windows not only will make your house look refreshed, but also will reduce heating and cooling costs.
It is equally important that replacement windows built with quality, easy to clean, low-maintenance, and reasonably priced. They must be available in different sizes and styles to complement your home and replacement windows must fit within existing rough openings. There are many different kinds of replacement windows however homeowners and windows replacement companies choose to work with vinyl replacement windows over all other types and it is easy to understand why, when you compare the benefits and features.
Let’s look into vinyl replacement windows benefits and feature below:
- Vinyl Windows have been available for nearly 50 years, so it is not something new and unproven. More than 70% US and Canadian windows now manufactured made of vinyl.
- Replacement windows that are manufactured as all-vinyl have their windows frames and sash frames made of extruded polyvinyl chloride (PVC). PVC is a durable plastic polymer which makes vinyl windows effective in climates that have large temperature swings between the summer and winter months.
- Vinyl replacement windows have insulated glass panels within each sash. Two glass panes separated by an air space. Better quality vinyl windows have argon gas filled in between of glass panes and also glass panes have Low-E film on it that helps to block out solar heat in the summer.
- Vinyl windows are low-maintenance windows. They never require painting unlike wooden framed windows. Vinyl can be returned to like-new look if you occasionally will wash it with warm soapy water.
- Vinyl windows are available in every style: Casement Windows, Awing Windows, Single or Double Slider Windows, Single or Double Hung Windows, Fixed Casement Windows, Slim Fixed Windows, End Vent Slider Windows, Bay and Bow Windows.
- With vinyl replacement windows you can choose different colour of frames. Most popular is white colour for vinyl replacement windows.
Vinyl replacement windows install easily as any other type of windows. However it is important that it installed properly in order for it to provide its full energy efficient feature to your house. Call us today to book an appointment where we will help you to choose new windows for your house.